Course Content Includes:
- Basic life support skills including effective chest compressions, use of a bag mask device and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Team dynamics and effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- The ACLS Provider course provides the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of an adult advanced cardiovascular emergency, with topics including ventricular fibrillation/ventricular tachycardia (VF/VT) arrest, bradyarrhythmia, and tachyarrhythmia. This course also covers airway management and basic cardiac arrest (CPR) in adult patients as well as acute coronary syndrome and acute ischemic stroke.
This ACLS Provider Course will be completed in one day.
This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care.
This course is for individuals who have never taken ACLS. This course is also for individuals who no longer have a valid ACLS card (your ACLS card has expired).
This pre-course self-assessment is available for you to take free of charge and may be taken multiple times until you achieve a score of 80% or higher.
Pre-course self assessment link
Do You Need BLS? You can also get your BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification during this course by adding the AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Online Course from the link below. Complete Part 1 online via the Internet, print the completion certificate and bring it with you on the day of the course. Complete parts 2 and parts 3 of the skills sessions to qualify for and receive your official American Heart Association certification card on the same day of this course. (BLS Skills Course Costs $50)
Link to Online BLS Heartsaver Course https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartcode-bls